Onyx Coffee Lab
market locale: en-us
url prefix:

Let's be email pals.

Sign up for Onyx emails to get first access to our newest coffee releases and more.

YOU'RE WELCOME:

FREE shipping for orders over $40

TRENDING COFFEE:

Costa Rica Las Lajas Natural Colombia La Palma Gesha Lactic Honey Peru La Margarita Gesha Cold Brew Honduras Kilverth Sagastume Natural

ONYX IS MY PAL

TEA:

New Teas offerings have launched now in eco sachets. We've taken weighing to the tenth of a gram out of your hands so that each cup is perfect. We suggest trying Onyx Tealight which has organic oats and honey along with black tea and cinnamon to create a complex sweetness and silky mouthfeel tea experience.

JON'S WISDOM:

Twitter is the K-cup of Coffee....

YOU'RE WELCOME:

TRENDING COFFEE:

Costa Rica Las Lajas Natural Colombia La Palma Gesha Lactic Honey Peru La Margarita Gesha Cold Brew Honduras Kilverth Sagastume Natural

ONYX IS MY PAL

TEA:

New Teas offerings have launched now in eco sachets. We've taken weighing to the tenth of a gram out of your hands so that each cup is perfect. We suggest trying Onyx Tealight which has organic oats and honey along with black tea and cinnamon to create a complex sweetness and silky mouthfeel tea experience.

JON'S WISDOM:

Twitter is the K-cup of Coffee....

Day 10: Kenya Muthingini AA | Onyx Coffee Lab

Day 10: Kenya Muthingini AA

• Grown and processed in Kirinyaga County, this AA lot from the Muthingini station hits all the marks for a citric and sweet Kenyan coffee. This coffee was included in Advent to highlight the range of Kenyan coffee, with its bright orange notes and almost sparkling acidity.

Tasting Notes:
    Valencia Orange, Raw Sugar, Peach, Sparkling

Click here for Advent Brew Guide

BREW GUIDE

ORIGAMI W/ KALITA 185 FLAT FILTER

COFFEE:

WATER: 400G AT 205°F

GRIND

10.5 EK43
    721 Microns
    20 Baratza Encore
    8f Baratza Vario+
    24 Comandante C40
    5 Fellow Ode Gen 2

BREW

Bloom to 50g
    0:30 - Heavy center pour to 200g
    1:30 - Spiral pour to 300g
    2:00 - Spiral pour to 400g
    ~3:00 drain

• The Valencia orange notes came through immediately! Favorite of the Advent so far. I thought I was getting tired of the generally high acidity so far this month but this one really shines without overwhelming 

• @Onyx assuming that the dosing is 25 g, per usual? I think that info got left out, somehow.

• I brewed this on my v60 today and it really made the flavor notes pop. I got lots of citrus, sweetness, and that nice sparkling acidity. Wasn't a big fan of the aftertaste on this one as it lingered on my palate a little too long, but all in all a solid cup and a nice change of pace from the past few coffees. 

• Much better than the KENYA GICHATHAINI AA from Day 3.

The diluted orange and raw sugar notes are most prominent to me, very light body, and a little dry acidity similar to a champagne at the end.

I've had very few Kenyans I particularly enjoyed, but this is at least drinkable.

• Are there any discount codes to buy ones we like?

• Personally I didn't find the Citrus notes until I got to the aftertaste. I was experiencing more sugars and kind of caramel flavors using my Chemex. It was pretty good with just the right amount of bitterness there was a Ting of acidity when it got cool but I didn't consider it sparkling which just seems like a weird description to me

• Didn't really taste any of the notes in this one. Today and yesterday have been odd for me. Would love if 1Zpresso settings could be included.

• @Malcom Jones +1 on 1Zpresso settings. However, some of the models have different settings. I have a new J and it seems to differs the old J!

• Any chance we can get grind settings for the Breville smart grinder pro?

• @David Sayed yea - hoping for at least one model and I can try to go from there 😅

• @Alan Carpenter I find that if the flavor tends toward caramel with a light roast it's probably being overextracted, the exception being the so-called "dark" flavored light roasts

• I love it when the tasting notes and the coffee match up; it becomes an educational experence for me.  The Orange and Sparkling totally came through in this coffee.  Sparkling was a strange word when I read it but completely made sense afterwards.  

• Hey all. At https://slotscity.ua/ru/bonuses , players are treated to an array of enticing promotions that make gaming sessions more exciting and rewarding. The page features a well-curated selection of bonuses tailored to enhance the player experience. With offers that include cashback, bonus spins, and special event promotions, there is always a way to add extra thrill to your game time.