Onyx Coffee Lab – Page 3
market locale: en-us
url prefix:

Let's be email pals.

Sign up for Onyx emails to get first access to our newest coffee releases and more.

YOU'RE WELCOME:

FREE shipping for orders over $40

TRENDING COFFEE:

Costa Rica Las Lajas Natural Colombia La Palma Gesha Lactic Honey Peru La Margarita Gesha Cold Brew Honduras Kilverth Sagastume Natural

ONYX IS MY PAL

TEA:

New Teas offerings have launched now in eco sachets. We've taken weighing to the tenth of a gram out of your hands so that each cup is perfect. We suggest trying Onyx Tealight which has organic oats and honey along with black tea and cinnamon to create a complex sweetness and silky mouthfeel tea experience.

JON'S WISDOM:

Twitter is the K-cup of Coffee....

YOU'RE WELCOME:

TRENDING COFFEE:

Costa Rica Las Lajas Natural Colombia La Palma Gesha Lactic Honey Peru La Margarita Gesha Cold Brew Honduras Kilverth Sagastume Natural

ONYX IS MY PAL

TEA:

New Teas offerings have launched now in eco sachets. We've taken weighing to the tenth of a gram out of your hands so that each cup is perfect. We suggest trying Onyx Tealight which has organic oats and honey along with black tea and cinnamon to create a complex sweetness and silky mouthfeel tea experience.

JON'S WISDOM:

Twitter is the K-cup of Coffee....

Day 1: Framily | Onyx Coffee Lab

Day 1: Framily

• A bit late here, but I really enjoyed it too. Wonderfully balanced as I used the lazy Clever Dripper (it is the best way to make a cup for a very clumsy person like me who has burned himself or screwed up almost every one of the other brew methods). Really loved the cup. I generally go for super bright coffees, so from my baseline, I noted more of the cocoa notes. But it was wonderfully balanced and I agree I could give this to a broad set of people!

• Late here on my notes for Framily. I did a double pour over (40g/640g) yesterday and ground at 3.66 on my Ode Gen 2. It was delicious, but took >8 minutes to fully drain.

For our second cups :) I bumped up the grinder to 4.66 to try to get closer to the prescribed pour over time.  It finished a bit faster, but had a very different taste profile - more acidic, whereas the first batch was perfectly balanced.

This really highlighted for me how much impact there is from the grind size.

We are loving this advent calendar experience so far, thanks to Onyx for such a creative way to try different coffees.

• I used my great grandmother's coffee grinder and a Bodum pour over coffee maker with a permanent filter. Water heated in a electric tea pot until it shut off. Delicious!

• 😬Didn't read the instructions and used the whole bag of Framily for Day 1. Appreciate that I have this resource for the rest of the season!

• @Alan Carpenter I tried it again at 42. I got a lot of the cocoa, but it kinda covered up those nice fruity notes I got at 34. So maybe 38? I loved this coffee at both grinds. 10/10. 

• I absolutely loved Framily. I did a 1:16 in a Chemex and the brew came out clear, crisp, and delicious. This may be my favorite medium roast ever.

• @Luis Campos I also experimented with using the first coffee as an espresso. It will be hard to dial in on a breville with such limited amount of coffee per day.

I ended up doing a pour over with my standard 1:16 ratio in a chemex and wow, I was really able to get a crisp, clear, and delicious representation of the coffee. For me, since we're dealing with small amounts of coffee and mostly lighter roasts, I'm going to stick with the pour overs. However, I may come back to Framily for an espresso  :)

• Ищете качественные хомуты из нержавеющей стали? Магазин "Ивалис" предлагает широкий выбор металлических хомутов для различных целей. Прочные, надежные и устойчивые к коррозии, они станут отличным выбором для любых задач. Посетите сайт и выберите подходящие вам хомуты: ivalis.by/product-category/homuty.

• 3 / 3